Fall Trees


30x40 Acrylic on panel, © 2007
Private Collection

Up close and personal, closed landscapes have always been appealing to me to paint. In this painting I have experimented with interference colors. The photograph doesn't do well with these. The colors are milky when applied, but when viewed at an angle they have an opalescence with a tint of gold or red depending on the color I used, and when photographed they appear lighter. It creates an interesting effect and gives the painting a dynamic effect from whatever the direction.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, Dad! Nice job. Is this one for Mark and Melyssa?

Rena said...

Nick,
I told Marge how much I love this painting. Can't wait to hear Mark and Melyssa's comments. They will love it. You are right-the photos don't do it justice. We were lucky to see it in person. Nice blogging page also. L.