Cone Flowers and Daisies


14x11 Acrylics on panel, © 2008
Private Collection

As a second piece for the Judy Greff workshop, I thought I would take on flowers again. Flowers are never the easiest for me to get like I want them. They look great, but I struggle to make it how it is in my mind. I tried some new techniques and came away with two finished pieces from the experience.

I always have frames that will work for the paintings so that, when complete, I can have them framed immediately, which is always an amazement in class.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a pleasant surprise to see new paintings on here. I was wondering if you just hadn't had time recently to paint. I like this one a lot. I think you did a great job capturing the sagging leaves and especially the middle of the flower--the fluffy part. Good job!